Monday, June 25, 2012

Julep Courteney

Tonight I have the other polish from my June Maven box-- Julep Courteney. In keeping with the summery theme of the box, Courteney is a "key-lime green creme." I thought Courteney looked a little more like a mint green in the bottle, but once she is on the nail she is definitely key-lime in color. I want a piece of pie when I look at this color. 

The formula left a little to be desired, though. I found Courteney to be a little on the thick side, and it was sometimes difficult to make it even. It is extremely well pigmented (though a little streaky with just one coat), so two coats might be enough if you have really good application. I needed to use three coats to get it perfectly even.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Natural light - sun:


Courteney is a perfect green for summer. I could see this as either a mani or pedi color for a cool splash of color during those hot summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment