Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Julep Alicia

Today's polish is one that I've had kicking around for awhile-- it's been swatched and waiting. It's kind of nice, but I'm almost through my backlog and need to get some swatching done soon! This is Julep Alicia. Julep describes Alicia as a "sunny salmon, perfect for beach pedicures and fresh, modern manicures." I usually think of salmon as pink color, with maybe a hint of orange, but Julep has Alicia listed under orange, not pink but whatever. I guess that means Alicia is a coral, then?

In any case, Alicia is a super bright (though not neon) coral polish that leans distinctly pink. Like pretty much all of Julep's creme polishes, Alicia is incredibly well pigmented. However, it was definitely streaky in one coat but two was perfect for evening it out and getting a nice smooth opaque finish and that's what I've used below in my photos (with top coat). No complaints here! In truth, Alicia probably isn't all that original in terms of color but it does have a good formula which makes it a winner!

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:

Sorry, the picture leans super orange. The other pictures are more accurate.


Natural light - shade:


I can definitely see this being a go-to color for pedicures during the summer. It's bright and happy and summery and would definitely look great during the warm weather months. I want to break out my shorts right now!

1 comment: