Sunday, May 27, 2012

American Apparel Downtown LA

Today I actually have a real time manicure for you-- I'm wearing this right now! I figure that since it's Memorial Day Weekend here in the US, a classic creamy red is appropriate. Downtown LA fits the bill! It's a gorgeous candy apple red-- I also think it could be a cherry red, it's deep but distinctly red polish. The first thing I think of when I look at my nails is a classic car. This polish is perfect for cruising in a convertible down the boulevard.

Dowtown LA had a stellar formula. I have several American Apparel polishes and while I haven't tried them all yet, I find the formulas to be a little hit and miss. But Downtown LA is fabulous. Super smooth and easy to use, it practically painted itself on. It dried quickly and was well pigmented-- I used two coats below. The polish dries to a relatively shiny finish, but I do have a top coat on in my pictures below.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:





Natural light - sun:


This didn't photograph completely accurately-- the shade pictures are probably most accurate in terms of color. It's a deeper red than most of the pictures show, though in sunlight it does get a bit brighter. It's not a tomato red (ie, orange leaning)  but my camera seemed to want to capture it like that. I love this shade of red-- it's one you could reach for at any time.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty color. I don't often wear red but I do appreciate it on others :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Normally I don't reach for reds either, but I was feeling patriotic. =)

      Delete