Monday, November 30, 2015

Different Dimension Light Year

Unfortunately, today's polish was not very successful, at least on me. I snagged Different Dimension Light Year during the Llarowe "close out" sale because I thought it was a cool looking polish. Light Year is a bit of problem child in trying to describe it-- I would call it a gray-green base with a strong golden yellow shimmer. Depending on the light, the base color can change between more grey and more green looking, but the golden shimmer is ever-present. The formula was a bit on the thin side-- the first coat was a bit sheer, though it built up nicely in three coats and I didn't have any trouble applying it.

Artificial light (flash):


All in all, I do think this is unique color and I don't really have anything else like it, but I fear it looks ghastly with my skin tone! Which is a huge bummer, but at least I bought it on sale! I wish this leaned a little more green or a little more grey because where it falls makes it difficult for me to wear, though I seldom tend to worry about these things.

1 comment: