Friday, November 20, 2015

Purple Friday: Colors by Llarowe Grape Jelly and Enchanted Polish Rainbow Juice (with pulp)

Another Purple Friday post eeking in before the clock rolls over-- but not for lack of effort on my part, though! I got my manicure done and took pictures and then my internet wouldn't work! Darnit! But we're rolling now, so quick, let's get on with it! This week we're playing a team with a worse record than we have, so hopefully we can win!

This week I actually did have a manicure in mind-- specifically, making a jelly sandwich because I was wanting to play with some polishes I had lying around. I pulled out Grape Jelly from Colors by Llarowe, which is a sheer, deep purple jelly. I applied two coats making sure to let them dry in between coats!) and then layered a coat of Enchanted Polish Rainbow Juice (with pulp) on top of that. Rainbow Juice (with pulp) is a holographic glitter topper with small holographic glitter and larger flakies. Then I layered another coat of Grape Jelly on top of that! Grape Jelly is definitely a bit on the streaky side, so my coats aren't terrible even, so I'll have to work on that. I don't think the finished product looks too bad, though! It may not be the most unique look out there, but it does have a nice sparkle!

Artificial light (flash):


I really love this look! It's not perfect, but suddenly I have a great urge to buy a bunch of jelly polishes and make jelly sandwiches with Rainbow Juice (with pulp). I think this would look fabulous with pretty much any color!

Go Dawgs! Beat the Beavers!

3 comments: