Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Fairytale Finish Neverending Fairytales July 2015 box

Ok, I'm super late with this, especially because it's already September!! Wait, how did that happen? I feel like it was just July. ANYWAY... let me show you the polishes from the Never Ending Fairytale Box from July, which have sadly been lanquishing in my untrieds pile for a month (I did take these pictures awhile ago, but hadn't gotten around to editing and writing). The theme for this box was birthstones. Let's see what I got!

Crushed Garnet is a dark red jelly base with a variety of sizes of pink glitters. I used three coats here, but the jelly builds up nicely and wasn't too thick. This went on easily and smoothly and I didn't have to dab any of the glitters on. It dries down to a slightly textured finish. 



Macro:

Sweet Sapphire Sky is a metallic blue microglitter with a smattering of larger pink glitters throughout. I assume this is to replicate two of the colors sapphires come in, the main one being blue, but you can also get pink sapphires. Fun fact: my engagement ring contains two Yogo sapphires, a type of sapphire found only in Montana and these were mined from my husband's uncle's claim (he is a gem dealer). And I do know that Amanda's birthday is in September, of which sapphire is the birthstone, so I'm guessing that's why we have a sapphire inspired polish. I did use three coats here, but maybe could have gotten away with two. This went on easily and dried down to a pretty smooth finish.



Macro:

I'm not thrilled with my pictures of Sweet Sapphire Sky-- I feel like it looks bumpy when it fact it was smooth. Sorry about that! This was another winning box from Fairytale Finish and I've enjoyed the polishes I've received to so far.

1 comment: