Saturday, September 15, 2012

Misa Good to be Green

Today's shade is the third shade from the Misa Hot Summer collection - Good to be Green, which is a gorgeous green apple creme shade. Or is it a bright pistachio green? This is kind of an interesting one that I find difficult to describe properly. It's bright, but not neon and the lighting conditions definitely shift the color a little bit.

Good to be Green had an excellent formula, though I had to be careful not to overload my brush and glop it all over my nail. Went on smoothly and easily and dried quickly with no issues. In my pictures I used three coats to make sure I had complete coverage (you could probably get away with two if you are more careful than I  was) and no top coat.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Natural light - sun:


Does the name Good to be Green make anyone else think of Kermit the Frog singing 'It Ain't Easy Bein' Green'? Because that's what popped into my mind. I find this an interesting color for summer-- not one I would immediately have thought it, but it definitely works

Since I have tomorrow afternoon free my hope is that I can swatch the last three colors in this collection and get them up on the blog asap, since this is a summer collection and we are rapidly running out of summer! (Not that I necessarily pay much attention to the seasons when picking my nail colors, but I just need to get it done!) Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment