Sunday, September 30, 2012

Julep Sophie

Tonight have Julep Sophie for you, another polish from Julep's collaboration with Trina Turk for the September Maven boxes. Sophie is a "chic truffle mushroom creme" and is your standard griege or taupe color. It's another classic that you can't really go wrong with, for sure.

I think a year ago I probably would have turned up my nose at Sophie because it's so neutral, so I'm glad I've moved past that now. This is a great neutral! I intentionally wore this with a fall inspired outfit and I  loved how this polish pulled it all together-- I felt very chic and pulled together. It sounds silly, but I'm being serious! Sophie is another of Julep's wonderful cremes-- it is extremely well pigmented and has a great formula. Goes on smoothly, no application problems and it dries smoothly. For my pictures I used three coats (could probably have gotten away with two) and no top coat.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




I really like this color! Perfect for fall and applies flawlessly. I think this would be flattering on a wide range of skin tones and is a great staple for your polish wardrobe.

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty! I agree, I would have passed by this not too long ago, too. But we all need neutrals at some point!

    ReplyDelete