Friday, September 7, 2012

Football Friday: LSU edition

Last week's game against the San Diego State Aztecs fell a bit flat in my book-- the Huskies won, which is always a good thing, but we definitely had struggles on both sides of the ball during the game and combined with the injuries sustained by the Huskies so far makes we worry about our chances down in Baton Rouge this week as we take on the LSU Tigers. Additionally, it's always difficult to win on the road, much less at the #3 team in the nation!

Because my husband and I decided to attend the game at LSU (along with a ton of other Husky fans), I had to travel light with my polishes. Always a struggle, as I consistently overpack anyway! I was debating about which polishes to bring and finally lit upon Sinful Colors Daddy's Girl. Weird name aside, this is a gorgeous polish. It's a dark purple jelly that's full of purple/pink glass flecks. Because this is a jelly polish, it goes on rather sheer and so I decided to layer it over a base color rather than apply 4 coats to make it opaque. Going through my purple stash, I decided to use Zoya Mira as my base color, which is a lovely medium red-purple creme polish. I used two coats of Mira and then two coats of Daddy's Girl.

This looks seriously gorgeous on the nail! It's pretty dark, but you can tell it's purple. The shimmer really comes out in direct light but is pretty regardless of the light conditions. Of course, being purple means that my camera hates Daddy's Girl, and while this did photograph a little on the blue side it's actually not terribly inaccurate!

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:





Natural light - sun:


Shot of the multichrome shift in the bottle:

Sadly, this shift doesn't show up on the nail. But it's still a very pretty polish!
Actually, now that I think about it, the name Daddy's Girl is the perfect for this polish, at least as it relates to me. My dad had two girls and no sons, but he lucked out in the fact that my sister and I are HUGE football fans and there's nothing we love more than watching a game together with him. So even though he didn't have sons to play football with (not saying girls can't play football, of course), he still gets to enjoy the game with us! We are definitely are our father's daughters.

Geaux Huskies! Beat the Tigers!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, I love the sentiment :-) I have Sinful Daddy's Girl, but I don't think I've ever worn it. I need to!!

    ReplyDelete