Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Enchanted Polish December 2016

Today I have another one of Enchanted Polish's monthly mystery polishes to share with you-- this one is December 2016. (I actually have the whole year... because I remember to purchase them during every preorder but of course I am behind, please don't act so shocked.) Last year Enchanted switched to doing shimmers for the monthly mystery polish instead of holos, which displeased some people, but I love shimmer so I was happy to see the change of pace. It remains to be seen if/what type of finish she'll do this year, assuming she keeps doing the monthly mystery polishes at all. December 2016 is a red creme with a strong green-gold shimmer running throughout.

December 2016 was a little thick, and definitely thickened up as I used it though I didn't really have any issues applying it. I used three coats because I felt like two coats still gave me some thin patches, and thicker coats can lead to some "streaks" in the finish due to the heavy shimmer-- in fact, the shimmer also gives the polish a metallic look and feel but it definitely isn't metallic. But it wasn't too bad in the end, as you can see!



Here's a bottle shot so you can see the shimmer:


On the nail this doesn't look quite like it does in the bottle, it's still really pretty. The overall effect of the shimmer gives the final appearance a more rusty red look than I anticipated; that said, it's quite unique looking and I liked the finished look. Definitely a unique one! Probably one of my favorites from the last year of mysteries!

1 comment:

  1. Nice swatches of this color. I agree that it doesn't look 100% like it does in the bottle though.

    ReplyDelete