Sunday, January 26, 2014

L'Oreal The Statement Piece

Textured polish is still having a moment in the nail world, which may be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your personal preferences and pretty much all the brands, drugstore and high end, are jumping on the trend. When I saw the promo pictures for L'Oreal's textured collection, Gold Dust, featuring nine textured polishes I immediately wanted all of them. When I finally came across a display in a local store I exercised great restraint and only snatched up five. Now of course I wish I had the other four, but oh well. Today I have The Statement Piece to show you-- this is a pale champagne gold texture polish with larger glitter pieces throughout.

One thing I noticed when applying this polish is that the brush was rather stiff. I'm not sure if this is all L'Oreal brushes (I don't have many of their polishes) or if it's just the textured polishes. I didn't mind it, but it did tend to drag polish I already laid down on the nail if I wasn't careful. I used two coats of The Statement Piece and even though there might have been a hint of visible nail line, it didn't bother me. In fact, if I hadn't had some drag marks on the first coats I might have left it at that. Of course, I left off the top coat and the textured feeling was slightly gritty but not too rough and did smooth down as I wore it.

Artificial light - flash:


Natural light - shade:


Personally, I love textured polishes. They are easy to use and dry quickly-- you don't really need to use a base or top coat. And even though they start out gritty they tend to smooth down the longer you wear them. Now that I'm mom (wow, cliche time!) I really appreciate every spare minute I have, and with the twins on a schedule I actually have a few spare moments (hooray!) and textured polishes make for a super easy manicure when time is precious and limited.

You'll notice that I have four fingers in these pictures-- I am trying something different. I am not a fan of my pinky and think it looks weird when I hold the polish bottle, which is why I usually do three fingers. But the vast majority of bloggers seem to use four fingers so I've decided to give it on try on new swatches. What do you think: yay or nay?

1 comment: