Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sephora by OPI Countdown to the Kiss

So I'm a little behind on this polish, but it's so gorgeous that it's worth it. Sephora by OPI Countdown to the Kiss was released as part of their 2011 Holiday collection, and obviously refers to the New Year's Eve and the countdown to midnight (and where you traditionally kiss your date). I bought this on sale from Sephora and was not disappointed-- I find Sephora by OPI polishes to be pretty hit or miss sometimes and so am always happy when I get one that is good and easy to use.

Sephora calls Countdown to the Kiss an "opaque royal blue with medium glitter" and that's a pretty apt description. However, Sephora says this polish has glitter, but to me this seems more like a glass-fleck or even a foil polish. I don't know. I'm not very good with the finishes! If this is a glitter polish (and I swatched this long enough ago that I can't remember what it looked like when I took it off), the glitter is very fine.

The formula on Countdown to the Kiss was excellent. It could probably be a one coater with good application, but I used two coats and that was just fine.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:



Natural light - shade:

Look at the purple duochrome! This only shows up in the bottle, though, and not on the nail. Thought I'd include the picture because it's so pretty.




I could stare at these pictures all day. Seriously, this color is gorgeous. *drools* I don't think this is the most original color out there-- several similar ones have been released this past year, like OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It! or China Glaze Blue Years Eve, but it's still gorgeous, regardless of originality.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blue shimmer! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you like them! I love the shimmer in this polish, it's fantastic.

      Delete