Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Revlon Mistletoe

The next polish I have for you is Revlon Mistletoe, from their Spice It Up 2011 Holiday Collection. I saw Mistletoe featured on a couple other blogs and it was one of the few polishes that jumped out to me in the display when I saw it. To me, Mistletoe is a unique color and there aren't many out there like it. The base is a deep greyish pine green with a golden shimmer through out the polish. I've seen several bloggers compare it to L'Oreal Owl's Night, which I swatched here. They are similar in terms of shimmer, but the base colors are definitely not the same.

Mistletoe is a nicely pigmented polish, but I found the formula to be a little on the thick side. I only needed to use two coats, but I had to be careful to avoid gloppy polish. You'll see from my pictures that I had a little bit of trouble controlling the polish and it got a little sloppy. But that was pretty much the only issue I had-- Mistletoe is from Revlon's relatively new Top Speed line and the polish did dry pretty quickly. At least, I certainly didn't notice that it took an inordinate amount of time. (I think Revlon promises these polishes set in 60 seconds, but I didn't time it.) I used Cult Nails Get It On base coat and Essie Good to Go top coat in these pictures.

I'm not real thrilled with the pictures below... I think I need to go back and reswatch this at some point in the future. I put Mistletoe on as a fully manicure for yet another holiday party and I do think these pictures really show you the true color of this polish. I think you can tell there is a greenish tinge to the polish, but my photos make it look kind of grey and brown. I think the pictures in natural light are the best.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:



Natural light - shade:



The only polish that I can think that might be in any way similar to this polish is Rescue Beauty Lounge Anne, a polish that I just received (!!) because it was recently brought back. Now that I have all the polishes from the Tudor Queens collection, I will be swatching those soon and you can decide for yourself! In the meantime, while I don't necessarily gravitate towards green polishes, Mistletoe is a very unique color and so I needed to have it for my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment