Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Julep Michelle

Sorry for the long intervals between postings-- the holiday season is here and I am busy getting ready! Mainly, this involves baking a lot of cookies right now. I really do love baking, but I am a little tired of cookies at the moment. Luckily, I have two more kinds to do and then I'm done. Whew.

But taking a break from all the cookie making-- I have another Julep polish tonight: Michelle. I received this polish in my November Maven box, which included three different polishes. Michelle falls into one of my favorite color categories-- blue!! Julep describes Michelle as a "midnight, inky blue. Gorgeous on toes. Everyone can and should wear this year-round!" and indeed, it is a beautiful navy blue polish. Though it is dark, I think you can always tell it's blue and not black. If you can't get away with this color on your nails, I definitely think pedicure is a great option-- navy blue is a classic color and it's hard to go wrong with it!

Michelle has a great formula and flows well on the nail. It's pigmented enough where you could possibly get away with one coat but I think two is just perfect-- I noticed I had a little bit of balding in places with just one coat. I didn't use a top coat in these pictures and you can see that even without it, Michelle dries to a fairly shiny finish.

Artificial light:


Artificial light with flash:


Natural light - shade:



I would like to compare this to China Glaze's First Mate and Rescue Beauty Lounge Dead Calm but I get the feeling that both are lighter than Michelle. However, Cult Nails Time Traveler, which I haven't swatched yet, might be close.

No comments:

Post a Comment