Monday, October 3, 2016

Love Angeline 08/16

Today I have another of the monthly LE polishes from Love Angeline to share with you! This is 08/16, which means it's from August. We're only just into Otcober here (I know I've skipped July and really, a ton of other months) but I think the color works as a transition color for fall.

I've seen 08/16 described as an aqua holographic, but to me this polish leans so green that aqua doesn't quite fit, even though there blue tones to the polish. Perusing Wikipedia to see their list of green shades, it occurred to me that I would describe 08/16 as a spruce green-- think Christmas trees; it's a dusty greyed green with blue tones. It's a bit of a chameleon in that sense; the color shifts around from green to grey green to blue green depending on the lighting conditions. I didn't have any problems when applying this-- I think I used three coats, though I probably could have gotten away with two! No issues to report!



The holographic flame on this is just lovely; this might be one of my favorite polishes from Love Angeline! I find 08/16 to be a unique green (holographic or otherwise) in my collection, and I loved wearing this and studying it. I thought the color was very flattering and I'm really glad I picked this one up!

Hope everyone's Monday is off to a good start!

1 comment: