Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Girly Bits Sun Dog

For the life of me, I am just feeling so uninspired to write lately! It's a bummer because I really loved the polish that I am sharing with you today, but finding the words right now is so freaking hard! If you blog, do you ever go through periods like that? I guess I'm in a rut and need to find a way out of it! Not sure exactly what I'm going to do, but hopefully I can come up with something! Today's polish is one of the Girly Bits COTM polishes from August, Sun Dog. I really loved this duo (I'll have the other half to share with you later) but Sun Dog is the one I wanted to wear first. Not only is the color right up my alley, but the name, though totally unrelated, makes me think of my alma mater (UW), the mascot of which was originally the Sundodgers (get it, because it rains a lot in Seattle?!) and our current mascot, the Huskies, or as we also say, Dawgs. The strange things we think of when looking at a polish, am I right? 

Sun Dog is described as a "light golden copper shimmolo, with bronze micro flakes and copper shimmer." Think this is pretty straight forward and accurate, don't you? This is truly a color for all seasons, but I think the colors definitely capture the sun drenched, heat soaked days of summer and the golden, changing days of fall, so it's perfect as a summer to fall transition shade. But really, a metallic is always in season! The formula on this was good, which is generally what I expect for a Girly Bits polish. The first coat was a little sheer, but built up nicely and I used three coats for the coverage I wanted.



I'm a sucker for colors like this and so it's no surprise that I love this, a lot. The holo is gorgeous, I love the flakies... it's a flattering and wearable shade. I love everything about it! I think it will definitely be going on my "best of 2016" list!

On a programming note: I will probably be taking some time off blogging at the end of October due to some traveling. My grandma was recently diagnosed with cancer and while we're still getting details/information/a timeline, my sister and I have decided we need to spend some time with her so we'll be traveling to the Midwest this month to visit! I'm really looking forward to it and we'll see if I can get some content up and running before I leave, but I make no promises (except that I will definitely make sure I have a Purple Friday post planned)! Just wanted to let you guys know in case I vanish and you actually think "what the heck is going on?"

2 comments: