Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cult Nails Evil Queen

Tonight I have an awesome polish - Cult Nails Evil Queen. This is a wickedly awesome red polish! I would describe this as a bright cherry red. Maria says that it has pink tones to it-- definitely more pink than orange, which I like. Maria says this is her favorite color of polish for the summer and I agree-- these bright reds are perfect for summer. Plus, a red nail is always sexy! This was probably the polish I most anticipated from this whole collection, surprisingly-- this just looks so amazing on the nail.

Evil Queen is nicely pigmented and goes on smoothly and easily. Evil Queen is a creme/jelly in texture and nicely pigmented. I've used two coats in my pictures below. Due to the jelliness of the polish, you can see a bit of visible nail line, but that's mostly the camera picking it up-- in real life it's not so noticeable.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Natural light - sun:


Now... am I the only one who looks at this polish and thinks of Regina (the Evil Queen) from Once Upon A Time? I seriously picture her face every time I look at this polish. Which I think is awesome, by the way, because Regina is awesome. Have any of you watched Once Upon A Time? It's definitely one of my new favorites from this past season.

4 comments:

  1. I liked this a lot more than I thought I would. I'm not big on reds but this is such a great great red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! This was actually my first love from this collection, which is surprising because I'm not usually into reds either!

      Delete
  2. You're speaking my language! This is AWESOME, a red worthy of Maleficent herself. ;). Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's seriously fabulous! I love this polish so much.

      Delete