Friday, June 29, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge Fan Collection: Cuprum (Cu)

Since I just received the newest collection from Rescue Beauty this week, I figured I better review the last collection, which I have swatched and sitting on my computer. Ji Baek decided to let fans have a crack at creating their dream polish and in the end, four polishes were chosen. After about 13 months, the collection was finally released! Tonight's polish is Cuprum (Cu), designed by Neeta, who used chemistry for her inspiration.

The official description of Cuprum is this: "The metamorphic moment when the presence of ammonia meets copper (II) transforms into a radiant blue. Cuprum is Latin for copper, and the dual nature of this element is what Neeta wanted to capture in a bottle."

I'll be honest, Cuprum was the polish from the fan collection I was most looking forward too initially and then the most disappointed by when I saw the first swatches. I think part of that is because the polish isn't what I invisioned when I read the first description-- which isn't the fault of the designer or creator in any way. Once I got beyond that and saw the polish in person, I fell in love with it.

The formula on Cuprum was pretty good. Went on easily and smoothly and was nicely pigmented. Unfortunately, I forgot to record how many coats of polish I needed, but I'm pretty sure it was just two coats. I am wearing it here with the Rescue Beauty base coat and top coat.

This polish was so hard to capture. I recommend that you enlarge my pictures so you can see the copper specks in this polish-- you can see them, but barely, in the pictures as they are.  I enlarged one of the artificial light photos in hopes you can see the copper flecks.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:





Natural light - shade:





Natural light - sun:


Bottle shot:

In the end, I was really glad I bought this polish. Truly, this polish is way more awesome in real life than it is in photos. In photos, the brilliance of the blue definitely overpowers the copper. The blue base of this polish is definitely bright but in real life you see the copper flecks a lot better.

Cuprum is available for $20 from the Rescue Beauty website.

2 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous blue! I love the copper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gahh, this polish is amazing. It might be my #1 favorite. Great swatches, and yay you for capturing the copper, too!

    ReplyDelete