Thursday, February 9, 2012

Julep Gayle

Tonight I have one more Julep polish for you - Gayle! I got this as an extra in my January Maven box for being one of the first 5000 people to become a Maven. Gayle is described as a "regal, deep aubergine. Sophisticated yet playful."

Like all Juleps creme polishes, Gayle had an exceptional formula and practically applied itself.  I used two coats, but with careful application I bet this could be a one coater. It also dries to a nice glossy finish-- I didn't use a top coat in the pictures below.

As you will see, my camera (and myself) found Gayle to be a bit of a chameleon. It's definitely not as dusky as my camera seems to think it is-- it is more vibrant in real life. It may not be a unique color, but it was really lovely! You can't go wrong with a good aubergine polish in your collection-- hugely flattering and a classic shade of purple that's fashionable and not too in-your-face.

Artificial light with flash:

Artificial light:



Natural light - shade:


No comments:

Post a Comment