Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Vacation Mani/Pedi - Essie Wife Goes On and OPI No Room For the Blues

Last week I went on vacation and figuring out what do with my fingers and toes was hard! So many choices to make and you want something that will look good with what you are planning on packing. In my last post, I was pretty much set on using OPI Guy Meets Gal-veston for my vacation manicure. But I got it on my hand and was a little put out by how orange it looked on-- I had been really looking for something more pink. Back to the drawing board! With my sister's help (she decided on a bright red, Zoya Sooki) I picked an Essie polish that I got in my recent 10 for $10 haul - Wife Goes On.

Wife Goes On is currently sold out on the Essie website, and they describe it was a "bold, true,  and bright red". Maybe it's my eyes, but I don't get "true" red from this. Red leaning pink, maybe. On the nail, in these pictures, I do see where the red comes in, but in the bottle this polish is so much more pink than red. This polish went on smoothly and I used two coats, though in these pictures it looks a little streaky. Three coats probably would have evened everything out.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light - shade:

Natural light - sun:

For my toes I went with one of my favorite OPI colors - No Room For The Blues. This is a bright medium sky blue from OPI's Summer 2009 Brights collection. I love this color.  I actually wore this on vacation last year (on my fingers).

I did the pedicure myself-- doesn't look too shabby, actually! The feet aren't great, but it's a decent polish job.


A good vacation combo, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment