Saturday, July 2, 2011

Essie Topless and Barefoot

I can't believe I forgot to post this! I wore this polish two weeks ago for my FIL's 60th birthday party. I had picked out a cute top and cute shoes to wear and so wanted to wear a nice, neutral polish so as not to detract too much from my outfit. In addition, I've actually been on a real neutral kick lately-- I haven't been wearing a lot of them, but I've been on the look out for some nice neutrals to play around with. Neutrals are fun too!

Topless and Barefoot is a gorgeous neutral polish from Essie's French Affair Spring 2011 Collection. This lands pretty squarely in the beige category, though there is a hint of pink in it. Essie describes this as a "barely there soft beige pink" and that's a pretty accurate description.This applied like a dream; I used two coats. Conveniently, I had just picked up an Essie All in One base coat and Essie Good to Go top coat and they were also wonderful. The Good to Go top coat especially I really liked, if you're looking for one. Plus, I love the name!

These pictures were taken at my parent's house, so the lighting was a little different and I wasn't quite adjusted to it.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light (shade):

Personally, I think Topless and Barefoot is my new favorite nude/neutral polish. Or my first favorite nude polish, because I honestly don't think I've worn any nude polishes before. Seriously, if you are looking for a neutral polish for work or just because, check this polish out. Very flattering and chic.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a great neutral color. Looks absolutely amazing against your skin tone!!

    ReplyDelete