Monday, June 20, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Bikini Bottom

After my vacation I decided to try another color from RBL's SpongeBob inspired collection from Summer 2008, because I loved Starfish Patrick so much. Bikini Bottom is very cool toned, watery pale blue jelly polish. I bought this recently as part of RBL's first Bring It Back vote, as it was a huge hit when first released and sold out (well before I ever jumped on the polish bandwagon). As a jelly, it is incredibly sheer and I put on five thin coats to try and get rid of the visible nail line. I'm not sure this really worked to my advantage, though, and I'm not super happy with the way this color applied. Nor was I super happy with the way the color looked on my fingers in the beginning-- the first coat went on and I was horrified to see that my hands look like corpse hands! The color got much better as I applied more coats, but I didn't think that application was all that great. The polish seemed streaky (or maybe I was too heavy handed with the brush) and I wasn't really thrilled with the way the manicure turned out, though from a distance it was hard to tell anything was wrong.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

 Natural light (shade):

Natural light (sun):

It is a really pretty color, but I'm a little annoyed with the application issues. Also, for some reason, I seemed to get some air bubbles in the top coat layer, which hasn't happened to me before with RBL polish. Lame!

Edited: Whoops, I posted two of the same pictures for two different lighting conditions. It's fixed now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment