Wednesday, June 8, 2011

China Glaze Knotty Nauticals!

This spring China Glaze released a 12 piece collection entitled Anchors Away and split it into two smaller groups: Knotty Nauticals and Sand & Sea. Here I've got the Knotty Nauticals, which are the bright colors of this collection-- Sand & Sea has the softer, more neutral colors.

First up, we have Ahoy! which is a pink glass fleck polish-- though a much more raspberry colored pink than say 108 Degrees, which is more of a hot pink. I seriously loved this polish. Applied really well-- I don't know what it is about these red/pink glass fleck polishes, but they go on like butter. I can't quite remember if this was two or three coats.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light (shade):

Natural light (sun):

Next up is Lighthouse, which you have sort of seen already. It's a beautiful bright yellow polish with gold glass flecks. I used three coats here. There is still some visible nail line, but it didn't bother me too much. Still, I think this polish is better over a yellow base polish.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light (shade):

Natural light (sun):

Then we have Hey Sailor, which is a bright red creme. This looked more cherry red in the bottle but appeared to be more tomato red on my nails. Still very pretty. This was my Memorial Day manicure. I used two coats here.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light (shade):

Then we have First Mate, which is a navy blue creme. Personally, I think that it's not quite navy, but it is a beautiful dusky blue color. Love it! I actually got away with one coat here, except on my middle finger where I need to two to fix some incomplete coverage.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light (shade):

Then there's Starboard, which is a dusky kelly green color. I used three coats here, but mainly due to my own application issues. I think you could get away with two.

Natural light:

Natural light with flash:

Natural light (shade):

And rounding out the collection we have Life Perserver. I'm sure you can guess what color that is. China Glaze as a "poppy creme" but I don't really see any red highlights in there-- it appears to have more blue undertones, giving it a more melon color. I used two coats here and the polish is pretty opaque, though there was still some visible nail line on my ring finger. It doesn't really show up in the pictures, though, and wasn't terribly noticeable in person.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light (shade):

And there is the Knotty Nauticals group! Lots of fun colors-- very summery. Sorry some of the pictures aren't super great-- I am still working on my technique. They look great on my camera's little screen, and then not quite as great when I crop them down on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment