Friday, June 3, 2011

China Glaze - Island Escape Collection

Here is the rest of the China Glaze Island Escape Collection. I already showed you three (108 Degrees, Blue Iguana, and Cha Cha Cha)-- and now I have the last three in the collection.

First up, Senorita Bonita, which is another glass fleck polish in this collection. It's a red leaning purple polish with pink shimmer. Really pretty. I used three coats. Unfortunately, this polish was really hard to photograph.

Artificial light (this is also the closest to the true color of the polish):

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light (shade):

Finally, we have two cremes in this collection. First up is Electric Pineapple, which is a green-toned yellow. I thought I would hate this polish. Yellow is not a color I wear well, and a green-toned yellow does nothing for me. However, I put this color on my nails and really loved it. I can't guarantee it looked all that great with my skintone, but I ended up loving it a lot. Kind of an ugly-pretty color. I used three coats.

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light (shade):

Natural light (sun):

And lastly, we have Papaya Punch, which is a bright orange creme-- it has some yellow undertones that keep it from being traffic cone orange. Really kicky and summery. This applied really well-- I have three coats. Or I did, until I was putting on my top coat and managed to bungled the bottle and when I caught it I managed to ding my ring finger quite nicely. I tried to fix it, but it looks a little lumpy. My apologies!

Artificial light:

Artificial light with flash:

Natural light (shade):

Natural light (sun):

And as a reminder, here are the other three polishes again:

108 Degrees:

Blue Iguana:

Cha Cha Cha:

All in all, I really ended up loving this whole collection. It's a fun little collection for summer and there are some great colors here.

No comments:

Post a Comment