Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Colors by Llarowe Fool's Gold

Today I have Colors by Llarowe Fool's Gold to share with you, and this was actually the December 2016 POTM but it's the first polish I applied in 2017! My original plan was to have a post about this polish up in January, but clearly that didn't happen! Ah well, here we are now! Fool's Gold is described as a "reddened purple multichrome that shifts from burgundy to green to gold with intense red to gold to green shimmer."

I was pleasantly surprised at the formula of Fool's Gold-- I thought it might be on the thin side, as some of these metallic duochromes can be, but it's really nicely pigmented and I actually had to make myself apply thinner coats so I didn't wind up with too much polish on my nails! I probably could have gotten away with just two coats, but because I did use thinner coats to start with I wanted to make sure I didn't have any thin spots so I used my standard three in the end. Photographing this was kind of a pain and I don't really love my photos because you can't see the shimmer or duochrome very well but hopefully you can get a sense of how rich it looks.



It's a little blurry but you can see some of the golden shimmer here:


While I don't think this polish is really unique amongst the range of duochrome polishes you can find out there, it's still pretty! I like that Fool's Gold is firmly in the red/magenta category-- I feel like a lot of polishes look red but end up more bronze/brown. This is a rich, elegent color and it's perfect for the holidays and cold winter months.

1 comment: