Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sally Hansen Mint Tint

Today I have Sally Hansen Mint Tint, a polish from their "Sugar Shimmer" line, which I believe is permanent-- at least, I have seen these polishes in the regular displays in the drugstore. I bought this on a whim (and maybe also because I thought it was LE, haha whoops) and because I liked the idea of the gold shimmer in a mint base. Magpie, that's me! I had high hopes for this polish-- but did it live up to them?

Mint Tint is a minty green textured polish with gold shimmer. Sadly, though, the gold shimmer doesn't really translate onto the nail and gets lost in the textured finish. The green also leans a little yellow and I wasn't in love with the way it looked on my nails. I used two coats here (no top coat, of course!) and I didn't have any issues with the formula.

 Artificial light - flash:


Natural light - shade:



Ok, guys, this is going to sound ridiculous, but here it is: I don't love the texture of this polish. I know, what a silly thing to say about a textured polish, right?! Well, sort of. Textured polishes have a wide array of finishes, and Mint Tint has a very scratchy textured that I'm not in love with. It did wear down eventually, but I wasn't thrilled by it.

In the end, this polish was a bit of a disappointment to me. I think the idea was a good one and I would love to see another version of this but I don't think I'll be wearing this again. 

1 comment: