Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Julep Kai

Tonight I have another textured polish to share with you, this time from Julep. This is Julep Kai, described as a "baby blue sea salt" polish-- sea salt being Julep's term for textured polish. I bought this during a Julep sale, and I don't think it's been offered in a Maven box or as an add-on. In fact, I didn't even know this polish existed, except when I was browsing the sale. What's really cool about Kai is there is a darker blue sparkle to this polish as well, which helps create the textured effect.

I found that Kai was a little streaky and uneven, and I needed three coats to get the coverage you see in my photos. I thought the texture was a little uneven, but it's difficult to tell. I actually think it was ok, but have a hard time discerning that from my pictures (or quite honestly, even looking at my nail). The texture of this polish seems much finer than some of the other textured polishes I have, but that may be due to the fact that there's no glitter in this polish.

Artificial light - flash:


Natural light - shade:


I would definitely recommend wearing a base coat with this polish (I didn't for swatching it) and it wanted to stain my nails, even after wearing it for a short time. This is a decent polish, but I'm glad I paid the sale price and not full price for it because I'm not totally in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment