Thursday, August 15, 2013

OPI Lights of Emerald City

Tonight I have the other polish from the OPI 2013 Soft Shade collection, Lights of Emerald City. I'll be honest, I mainly bought this polish because of name-- and the fact that I live in Seattle, also known as *drum roll* the Emerald City. I had read about some people having issues with the formula of this polish, but grabbed it anyway. Lights of Emerald City is a clear polish with large white square and smaller iridescent squares.

Here I just used one coat over OPI Glints of Glinda. The formula is kind of a pain in the butt. The polish is on the thick side, and it's a little difficult to fish out the white glitters, though not impossible. I found putting the bottle on its side was helpful, and then carefully dabbing the glitters on the nail.

Artificial light - flash:


Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:


Natural light - sun:


I love the way this looks, despite the somewhat difficult formula. I think it would look really pretty over a variety of base colors-- perhaps something dark, like a blue or plum.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that about Seattle! I really like Lights but yes, it is a royal pain to apply. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun looking glitter! I really like the square pieces in it :)

    ReplyDelete