Monday, July 29, 2013

Nostalgic Lacquer Gluttony

Here's an oldie but a goodie. You've briefly seen this before, as part of my Thanksgiving Day manicure. But here it is! This is Nostalgic Lacquer Gluttony, which was a limited edition release as part of her Seven Deadly Sins collection. Gluttony is a rainbow glitter that contains a variety of glitter shapes and color in a clear base.

Here I layered Gluttony over Julep Alysson. You definitely need dab on Gluttony, because the glitters won't want to stay put if you try to play them like a regular polish. I ended up using two coats because I thought one coat was too sparse. While there is a lot of glitter in the polish, you do have to do a little bit of fishing for some of the larger pieces. But generally, it's fairly easy to apply.

Artificial light - flash:


Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:


I love how this looks over the neutral base color-- I had seen other bloggers do this but I had done it myself. Definitely a winner in my book!

1 comment: