Wednesday, March 20, 2013

American Apparel Summerland Beach

Tonight I have a polish that I've had swatched for some time, but haven't gotten on the blog yet. Summerland Beach is a polish American Apparel released as part of their "sheer" line of polishes. I assumed that the "sheer" moniker meant that the polishes would be jelly in texture, but in reality Summerland Beach is more of a creme/jelly hybird. I would describe it as a peachy pink.

The formula was a little difficult to work with, if only because it was a bit streaky and I would just using a light touch to prevent the polish from dragging and streaking. I needed three coats to make sure it was even, though if you applied it better than I did, you could probably get away with two coats.

Artificial light - flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




I like this polish a lot-- very summery and I felt like it made me look tan, which I love.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty color! Simple but springy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty coral color! Hehe I also find that corals make me look tan. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cat, I bought this one during the sale I think I got it for $1.00 and some change. I can't wait to wear it! :)

    ReplyDelete