Friday, February 10, 2012

OPI I Eat Mainely Lobster

It's been a long busy week and I just spent the evening baking cookies for Valentine's Day next week. So I suppose it is fitting that the polish I have tonight is food related. OPI I Eat Mainely Lobster is a polish from the Touring America collection from this past fall, but the polish as a distinctly springy feel to it (can you tell I'm already over winter?).

I Eat Mainely Lobster is kind of a funny polish to me-- it's a bright coral polish, and depending on the light I find it leans extremely orange OR extremely pink. I love corals, but get frustrated because I have a time accurately describing them and photographing them. I would say that I Eat Mainely Lobster is pink-leaning coral with orange undertones. What this has to do with eating lobsters in Maine or even fall for that matter, well... I really don't know. But it is a pretty color! This is threaded with a lovely shimmer that is fairly subtle but definitely present. The formula on I Eat Mainely Lobster is pretty good-- went on smoothly and I didn't find it difficult to work with. I could still see some visible nail line after two coats, but it wasn't too bothersome.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:


Look at the difference! In the yellow lights of my bathroom I Eat Mainely Lobster looks so orange-- then under a fluorescent bulb it is much pinker.

Natural light - shade:



The shimmer is a little subtle and shy in my bottle shot-- if you enlarge you can see it. While this definitely doesn't seem a like a fall polish to me at all, I do really like it. A coral never fails to lift my spirits, no matter the season. I can imagine coral being a fall color in an Indian summer sense. I can definitely see myself pulling out this polish this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment