Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Two-fer Tuesday: MAC Wash & Dry polishes

Today I have another Two-fer Tuesday post! This week I am featuring the two polishes from the MAC Wash & Dry collection, which was released in May. Quite honestly, I get tired of the all the MAC limited edition releases because they sell out quickly, but I managed to stumble across this collection as it was released and the packaging was just so awesome that I ended up getting a lipstick, a blush and both nail polishes. Whoops. But I did end up using both the polishes in my Mariners blobicure and the colors are perfect for some of the sports teams around here, so I guess it's a win!

Washeteria (what the heck is a Washeteria? Is it supposed to be a fancy name for a laundromat?) is a teal green creme. Monday Blues, as the name partially implies, is a navy blue creme. They are both cremes. The formula on these was just ok-- they were decently pigmented and not too thick or too thin, but they did want to apply streakily in the first coat. I think maybe the brushes were too stiff and I needed to apply these with a lighter touch. I used three coats of each of these to make sure I had even coverage.


Washeteria:


Monday Blues:





The formula on these did leave a little to be desired, but it wasn't horrible--there is definitely worse out there. These a not groundbreaking but they are nice colors, and since I was able to use them right away, I consider it a win for me. I still tend to think MAC polishes are pricey for what you get, so there is that, but I do like these two a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment