Thursday, July 16, 2015

Throwback Thursday: OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls

Ugh, this week has been hectic. Our au pair finished up her year with us and left to spend another year in New York City. It was really hard to say good-bye and I think our whole family is emotionally exhausted, especially with two toddlers. I've had been having headaches every day as well, which definitely makes me want to curl up in bed and not blog or my nails. But I'm shoring up my energy just enough to at least get a blog post written so I have new content! Today I have a throwback polish to share with you-- OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. This polish was released in 2012 to coincide with the new Spiderman movies (do you know they are already remaking it again?! Yeesh!) and My Boyfriend Scales Walls became a cult classic among polish enthusiasts. I didn't get this when it came out, but bought it later from Zulily as part of some duo.

My Boyfriend Scales Walls is a grey-leaning white creme. In the bottle it looks more grey, but when you apply it to the nail it definitely looks more white. The grey in this polish makes it extremely wearable and keeps it from being a stark, white-off like polish. Light colored polishes like this can often be streaky and a nightmare to apply. The formula was thin but decently pigmented. Using a light hand, the first coat was a little streaky but evened out quickly. I did use three coats to make sure I had completely even coverage, but with careful application you could definitely get away with two coats.

Artificial light (flash):


It's obvious to me why this polish is such a favorite. It's a gorgeous creme, easy to apply, and very wearable. It works well as a nail art base (I used it for my 4th of July manicure) and on its own. If you can get your hands on this one, I would definitely grab it! It's not a ground breaking shade, but it's a good staple!

1 comment: