Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Two-fer Tuesday: Zoya Vespa and Chita

I have a fun Two-fer Tuesday today! (And two posts because I'm a dope and forgot to hit publish last night.) This summer, it was announced that Zoya was discontinuing their Pixie Dust line. They were offering a BOGO at the time, and because I didn't have any these polishes at the time, I splurged (really really spluged) and bought all the original Pixie Dust polishes. I'll be honest and say I'm not a fan of the chunkier textures, so I'm not really sad to see those go, but I really love the original ones. I figured St. Patrick's Day would be a good time to break into them!

There are two green Pixie Dusts, Vespa and Chita. Vespa is described as a "mint kiss with a sugared sparkle", while Chita is a "forest green in a matte, textured, sparkling finish." Can't argue to much with that. They have a strong silver sparkle to them, which is especially visible in Chita due to the darker color. The formula on these was pretty good, though Vespa was on the sheerer side. I am pretty sure I used three coats for Vespa and two coats for Chita, which was almost opaque in one coat. They dried down to the matte finish fairlyquickly, as textures tend to.

Zoya Vespa:


Zoya Chita:


Did you do something fun with your nails for St. Patrick's Day? Are you feeling the green textures or not?

2 comments:

  1. I'm really sad to see the Pixie Dusts go away. Like you said, I'm not a fan of the chunkier polishes but the original Pixie's are so lovely! I was wearing Chita when I delivered Avery so it's special to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are nice green textures. Sad that there not making them anymore.

    ReplyDelete