Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Julep Glam Roc

 Ugh, this post has been kicking around since forever, basically. I can't seem to muster the energy to write about this polish. Which isn't very inspiring to you as a reader, I'm afraid. But I need to get this published so let's go!

Today I have a textured polish from Julep-- termed a "stardust finish" by the company. Glam Roc is described as a "midnight purple & gold stardust (matte glitter)." This has a deep blackened purple base that has a lot of purple and gold sparkle and dries to a textured finish. According to my Julep email, Glam Roc was part of a trio that was curated and named by Jay-Z's Roc Nation for Grammys... back in 2013. Heh, only a little behind.

As far as I recalled, I had no issues with this polish in terms of application. I think I used two coats here, and of course, no top coat! As I recall, this wore like iron on me, which is always a nice benefit, especially as I do not get to change my polish very often these days.

Artificial light (flash):



Natural light (shade):


I actually think Glam Roc is a really pretty polish and unique for a texture, especially at the time it was originally released. It's still pretty unique, but companies have gotten creative with their textures and I think L'Oreal has a very similar texture polish available for a drugstore price if you do like this! I'm

1 comment: