Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sally Hansen Crushed

Today I have a new Sally Hansen polish to share with you! Sally Hansen recently released what I believe is a limited edition of new textured polishes called "Velvet Texture"-- they are textured but it's a flatter, less rough kind of texture-- almost more like a satin though there is a slight raised finish to it. I saw these while we were traveling for the Christmas holiday so I snatched many of them up. This is the first one, Crushed, which is a magenta color.

I don't remember having any issues with the formula-- it was good. I needed two coats to get the coverage I needed. It dries quickly, which is typical of polishes with this finish.

Artificial light (flash):


Matte or satin finish polishes do tend to chip more quickly and easily and unfortunately, these Velvet Texture polishes followed suit. So far both of the polishes from this line that I've worn have chipped within a day, day and a half. Even when I was wearing another polish layered on top and had a top coat, they still chipped quickly. Part of that may have been my base coat, which was a super cheap Wet n Wild one. But something to note if you are looking for these.

What do you think of this different textured finish? Or are you over textures as we move into 2015?

1 comment:

  1. I like the sparkly texture finishes more so this probably won't be one that I pick up.

    ReplyDelete