Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Literary Lacquers Luggage for Your Journey

Tonight I have a new-to-me nail polish brand: Literary Lacquers! This is my first experience with the brand (which is right up my alley-- nail polish and books!) and I bought a limited edition polish called Luggage For Your Journey, which was actually a charity polish to benefit Alzheimer's research. This polish was inspired by Terry Pratchett, who is a prolific author and who also announced back in 2007 that he was living with early-onset Alzheimer's. Personally, I find the idea of Alzheimer's-- losing yourself, not knowing your family-- to be terrifying. I have also never read any of the of Pratchett's work, which is a shame-- so given the cause, I decided to get this to support a good cause and try out a new brand!

Luggage For Your Journey is coppery brown holographic polish with some strong gold tones as well. I am pretty sure I used three coats and a top coat here. Usually I am not a huge brown polish fan, though I am trying to work on that. I think the holographic finish adds an extra dimension to this polish, even though it would still be pretty without it.

Artificial light (flash):


Unfortunately, despite the gorgeous color, I was not impressed with the formula of this polish. I have read raves about Literary Lacquer and so I was incredibly disappointed when my first coat was incredibly sheer and wanted to drag itself all over my nail. Not what I was expecting at all.

Overall, I thought this polish was super pretty but I was incredibly disappointed with the application of this polish. I will try Literary Lacquers again to see if this polish was just a fluke,  but sadly my first experience wasn't as great as I hoped it would be. 

6 comments:

  1. Pretty color this is but bummer to hear that the formula wasn't good. I haven't tried anything from this brand so I don't have any experience with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am optimistic that the next one I try will be awesome!

      Delete
  2. I really like the color and I am happy for anything that supports Alzheimer's research since it has affected my family deeply!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm really happy that this was going to a good cause!

      Delete
  3. I am trying to remember how this polish applied for me and I think it was pretty sheer on the first coat, as well. I have had other LL polishes though and they were not sheer or streaky, though! I actually love my LL polishes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it did build up, but man, that first coat had me worried! At least the finished product looked nice! I will definitely try another polish from her!

      Delete