Friday, January 23, 2015

L'Oreal Masked Affair

Ok, you've probably seen this polish a million times already, but now I've got it! L'Oreal Masked Affair has already become a hard to find polish as of all the polishaholics are snatching up this little gem! Masked Affair is a limited edition polish that is part of the L'Oreal Dark Sides of Grey collection-- based, if you can't guess, on the book/movie 50 Shades of Grey. Here's my quick aside: haven't read the book nor do I plan on seeing the movie; I certainly don't begrudge anyone enjoying it, but there are definitely better books in the same genre if you are looking for them!

Anyway, back to Masked Affair. This polish is a drugstore holographic, which is a mythical beast akin to the unicorn, which is why this polish is flying off the shelves. Masked Affair is a lavender tinged silver holographic and very soft and pretty. The formula on this was decent-- not the best I've ever seen but not terrible; just ok. It was a little sheer on the first coat and a bit prone to dragging. But three thin coats covered well. I do think that my top coat dulled the holo effect a bit, but it is a softer holographic flair in general, not a strong linear effect. Personally, I find this to be very pretty and flattering! It's not the most original polish ever made, but it's definitely nice to see something like this from a drugstore brand.

Artificial light (flash): 


So what's your take on Masked Affair? Have you made an effort to find it or are you passing on it? I'm glad I picked it up and I hope L'Oreal (and other brands) continue to try new things with their drugstore polish lines.

2 comments:

  1. Its pretty! So awesome to see and hear that its a drugstore polish too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite lovely and so awesome to be from the drugstore!

    ReplyDelete