Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Julep Alyson

I'm doing this post tonight for my friend Nicole, who is debating about buying a light brown polish and trying to decide between Julep Sophie and Alyson. I got this several months ago during on of Julep's promos. Julep describes Alyson as an "almond creme." I would say that Alyson is a blonde beige neutral.

Unfortunately, I seem to have missed taking any notes when I swatched Alyson. Curses! In any case, this was a decent creme polish. Pigmentation was good, though it was a little streaky in the first coat. I believe that I used three coats to get even coverage and make sure that I didn't have any streaks.

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




I really love Julep Alyson! I have used this several times already under glitter and it's a great nude-- under glitter or by itself.

And just for a quick comparison, here's Alyson vs Sophie. As you can see, they are not very close at all-- Alyson is much lighter while Sophie is darker and much greyer in tone.



And that's it!

1 comment: