Monday, December 17, 2012

Cult Nails Doppleganger

My profuse apologies for my super sporadic posting. I'm woefully unprepared to be a blogger because I generally don't have posts ready to go ahead of time, which is my own fault and now I'm trying to cram about a bazillion things in before we leave for the holidays on Saturday-- laundry, wrapping, cookie decorating, etc etc.  Additionally, we were in Portland this past weekend for my sister in law's surprise 30th birthday so it's been a busy month! In any case, excuses aside, I just want to say thank you so much for reading my blog and I appreciate it so much! I'm afraid that my posting will continue to be sporadic through the rest of the year. I hope each and everyone of you has a very merry Christmas (or had a very happy Hanukkuh) and enjoy having some time off from work and time with your family!

Tonight I have the second to last top coat from the Cult Nails Deceptive collection, Doppleganger! This polish is described as a "sheer top coat that transforms your existing polish by giving it a "dusty" feel while adding a familiar multicolored shimmer." The dusty feeling definitely comes from the fact that this has a milky white base that houses the shimmer. This polish also cast a slightly greenish to my base color (American Apparel Hassid).

I had some issues Doppleganger, but it's not anything to do with the polish itself-- just my application. I found it was very easy to over-apply Doppleganger, and it's very noticeable over the dark base color. You can see on my ring finer where I got too much top coat on it. You definitely need to use a light hand with this. But the shimmer does look gorgeous on the nail!

Artificial light with flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




And that's Doppleganger! I would definitely love to see this over a grey or a lighter base color. I have one more top coat to go!

6 comments:

  1. What an intereting polish! Maybe it's my screen, ut I don't see the prolem with overaplication... everything looks uniform from where I'm sitting.
    I totally understand the time thing. I have al these colors I wanted to show off before Christmas and it's looking like I'll get in, like, half of them if I push really hard. Merry Christmas to you and yours if you don't post before! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowza, five misspelled words... trying to get used to a new keyboard, lol.

      Delete
    2. Haha, no biggie-- I don't think I read any misspelled words when I read your comment the first time. Too much going on. =) Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. I feel like a total newb, but what the heck is it supposed to be a doppelganger for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Doppleganger is just the name because of the theme of the collection (Deceptive)-- it's not meant to be a dupe of any polish!

      Delete