Friday, November 21, 2014

Purple Friday: Sally Hansen Gummy Grape

Another Purple Friday post! Tomorrow is the last Husky home game of the season, I had to get a post up (under the wire, but whatever). This week I am wearing Sally Hansen Gummy Grape, which I picked up this last summer. Gummy Grape is a medium grape purple that leans more a little more red than blue (of course, my photos are the opposite). When this came out where there weren't a lot of purple textures on the market (at least, not real purples) so I knew I had to snatch this up when I saw it.

Gummy Grape went on fairly well-- the first coat was a little streaky but a second coat took care of that. Because this is a texture, it did dry fairly quickly. Although this is technically a "creme" texture, it does dry to a slightly shiny finish.

Artificial light - flash:


Natural light:


I even said in my notes I needed to incorporate this into a Football Friday manicure... and here we are! Really I would like to use this with some vinyls or something, but that will have to wait I suppose! I really like this texture and will definitely be using it in the future. Gummy Grape is still listed on the Sally Hansen website, though as a "Sugar Shimmer," not a "Sugar Coat" like my bottle, so... I'm not sure if they are the same or different. That's annoying!

So, purple creme texture: yay or nay?

1 comment: