Saturday, March 29, 2014

Urban Outfitters Green Holo

For St. Patrick's Day I wanted to wear something green on my nails to help celebrate, so I managed to squeeze in a polishing session on Sunday night. I decided to pull out a polish that is long untried-- Urban Outfitters Green Holo. I bought this soon after it first came out but it's just been sitting around so it was time to wear it! (Of course... now it's almost April, blargh.)

Green Holo (original name, right?) is a silvery green holographic polish. I keep wanting to call it celadon green, but that's not really accurate. The green seems much deeper in the bottle than it does on the nail. The holo is incredibly strong, to the point of almost overwhelming the base color.

I did find this polish to be a little patchy-- best to let the polish dry first and not go over areas you have already polished. I used two coats in my pictures, but in the future I would use three coats. However, given how strong the holo is, it covers up a lot of flaws! I had some patchiness on my ring finger, but it only showed up in low light. The formula is a little thin and I am not a huge fan of the brush (too small for my giant nail beds) but it did dry incredibly quickly.

Artificial light with flash:


I wore this for several days with only minor tip wear and minimal chipping. The pictures I took in natural light are after 3 full days of wear, so please forgive the wear.

Natural light - sun:


You can still see the holo in the shade, which is pretty amazing-- though obviously it is not quite as strong.

Natural light - shade:


To be honest, I'm not sure if this polish is still available. It's not on the Urban Outfitters website, but might pop up there again. You may be able to find it stores. These polishes seem to come and go, so there's a chance it may be available again!

Where do you fall on the holo train? Yay or nay? Do you prefer them to be a strong linear holo or a more scattered holo? 

4 comments:

  1. Such an amazing holo! I love any kind of them whether their strong or not :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the holo is crazy strong! I love them all too.

      Delete
  2. WHOA, cool new layout! Where have I been? This is GORGIE and I'm shocked, SHOCKED that you actually had enough sunlight in the middle of March to take a nice outside shot, lol. Actually, March usually isn't too bad but it is definitely going out like a lion. I see why you want to call this celadon but it is kind of an elusive shade; super pretty, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I literally threw a baby at my husband and ran outside with the camera. ;-) Ok, not quite, but that's how I felt. At least spring seems to be arriving bit by bit these days.

      Delete