Monday, May 27, 2013

Star Wars Special Part 2: Amy's Nail Boutique Galaxy Far, Far Away

Alright, since we're on a Star Wars theme (sorta) I have one more themed polish to share with you-- Galaxy Far, Far Away by Amy's Nail Boutique. Named for first words that come across the screen in any of the six Star Wars movies, this is described as a " blue jelly polish with silver and holographic glitter."

I decided to layer Galaxy Far, Far Away over OPI Eurso Euro because I wasn't sure how if I would be able to build up GFFA alone. The formula on GFFA was a little thick, but it's packed with glitter and spreads easily over the nail. It dries down quickly but to a more matte-like finish so a top coat is definitely needed to make this one shiny and sparkly (I used Cult Nails Wicked Fast here).

Artificial light - flash:


Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:


Natural light - partial sun:


I love how this looks! Over the dark blue base it looks like sparkling stars in the night sky, but I'm curious to see how it looks on its own or over a lighter blue base. This is so, so pretty though. I think I would be constantly distracted if I wore it as a full manicure.

This was my first time buying anything from Amy's Nail Boutique and I have to say I'm very pleased with the whole experience. She sold out of this polish before I got around to buying it, but when I contacted her via her facebook page to see if it would be available again, she offered to make me a bottle and set up a private listing at her Etsy store. Her polish retails for $8-10 and the shipping was reasonable and quick. Being pleased with both the polish and the customer service, I would happily buy from Amy again. She's got some gorgeous holos available at her Etsy store right now.

1 comment:

  1. Really pretty color! The name totally suits it too :)

    ReplyDelete