Sunday, April 7, 2013

American Apparel Redondo Beach

Today I have another polish from the American Apparel Sheer line-- Redondo Beach. This is a dusky sky blue that's a cross between a creme and jelly. Because of this, Redondo Beach is a bit more on the sheer side, as the name of the line suggests. You will see a bit of visible nail line in my pictures, but I honestly don't think it was too bothersome.

The formula was pretty good-- I used three coats here. You might be able to get away with two coats, as this applied fairly smoothly and without issue. It did dry fairly quickly as well. I felt that Redondo Beach dried slightly darker on the nail than in the bottle, but it's a little hard to tell with the frosted bottle. 

Artificial light - flash:



Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




Natural light - sun:


Such a pretty, cheerful blue color. It's perfect for summer.

I realize that my blog anniversary (two years!!) was on Wednesday, and I didn't even post. Sorry about that. I just want to say that I truly do appreciate your support and the fact that you are reading this blog!! I hope you will continue to do so, despite my currently sporadic posting!

3 comments: