Monday, April 27, 2015

Barry M Blood Orange

Today I have a new to me brand to share with you, Barry M! This isn't a new brand-- Barry M has been around since the 80's, selling various cosmetics. Being a UK brand, I think the products were more difficult to obtain for a time, but it's become much easier thanks to the internet! So tonight I have a polish from the Gelly Effect line, which promises a "gel-like shine" as opposed to being a jelly finish. Today I have Barry M Gelly Blood Orange to share with you! I bought this on sale at Llarowe back in March.

Despite the name, Blood Orange does not really have any orange in it! Instead it's a lovely, classic red. This does have a slight jelly finish to it, as is usual with these types of reds. I didn't have any trouble applying this-- it went on smoothly and easily. I believe I used three coats here, just to get a little more coverage of my nail line, though two coats would have done just fine. This dried to a nice shiny finish, though I did apply a top coat over it.

Artificial light (flash):


Overall, I was pleased with this polish-- it was easy to apply, dried well, and was nice and shiny as promised. I have another polish from this line that I'm eager to try-- hopefully I like it as much as Blood Orange! I have high hopes.

1 comment: