Monday, April 1, 2013

OPI GoldenEye

Tonight I have another pretty pretty sparkly gorgeous polish for you! This is OPI GoldenEye, which is one of the polishes that was released in OPI's James Bond collection this winter. Like many polishes, I've have these swatches sitting in a folder but haven't pulled them out yet. GoldenEye is a mix of fine, dense yellow gold glitter in a clear base.

I seen some bloggers comment on how sheer it is, but I got pretty good coverage with two coats. This first was definitely sheer, but I only needed three coats to get the coverage in my pictures below. I did find that the glitter would thin out as I reached my tips, but that's my only complaint. GoldenEye is very shiny and reflective and has sort burnished metal look to it. Or even hammered metal. I love the way this looks!

Artificial light - flash:


Artificial light:




Natural light - shade:




I'm generally a fan of golds, even though they can be hard to wear, and GoldenEye is no exception. Probably moreso in this case because GoldenEye has such a unique look to it. I haven't seen another gold quite like this. This will probably make an appearance during football season!

No comments:

Post a Comment