Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Julep Joan

Tonight I have the other polish from my February Maven box, Julep Joan. Named after Joan Crawford, this polish is an extremely rich, luxurious red. Julep describes Joan as a "raspberry plum with rose gold shimmer" and that's a pretty accurate description. The shimmer seems more flakie in nature than a fine, even shimmer and it gives the polish a fiery appearance in some lights.

The formula on Joan is great and it goes on very easily and without any issue at all. It's nicely pigmented and I only used two coats here. Joan does dry down to a matte finish so you definitely need a top coat to make this nice and shiny. The shimmer is gorgeous, but the removal process was a bit of a pain!

Artificial light - flash:


Artificial light:


Natural light - shade:




This is such a rich, gorgeous polish. The gold shimmer and the deep raspberry color looks it make very luxurious-- like velvet.

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! But it looks more like an Ava that a Joan. Beautivul on you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This polish is gorgeous. And I think you're right-- this has Ava written all over it.

      Delete
  2. So pretty! This was in my box last month too and I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I'm a new follower, would love if you would please follow me back on my blog aswell: http://myprettynailz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete