Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Julep Sienna

Today's polish is Julep Sienna. I bought Sienna as a 2-for-1 deal from Julep, along with Emilie, which you saw a few days ago. Sienna was released by Julep as a part of their holiday collection for this year. Julep describes this as a "sophisticated, shimmery gold." I would call Sienna a pale, cool-toned champagne gold. In all cases, both are accurate. I think the coolness and paleness of the polish makes it sophisticated, while the shimmer and the fact that it's a shiny metallic make it festive for the holiday season.

I was a little worried about Sienna at first because the first coat went on fairly sheer and I thought it might be difficult to build up the opacity of the polish. Thankfully I was proven wrong and was able to achieve opacity with Sienna with three coats of polish. In the pictures below I didn't use a top coat, but you can see how sparkly and blingtastic Sienna is.

Artificial light:


Artificial light with flash:


Natural light - shade:


One thing that I also really loved about Sienna was how beautifully it photographed. I don't know why that is, but seriously, these are some of the best pictures I've ever been able to take of a polish, especially the ones in natural light. The universe aligned, I guess, or maybe my camera fell in love with this polish too. In any case, I think this may actually be the polish I wear for Christmas, though I still haven't made up my mind about that! Sienna is a gorgeous, well-formulated polish so if you're looking for some sophisticated bling, look no further and snatch this polish up!

No comments:

Post a Comment