Friday, December 23, 2011

a england King Arthur

Moving right along, I now have another polish from a england to show you: King Arthur. The polish is named after the legendary British king (most likely an amalgamation of several different historical figures) but has given us many familiar stories and myths-- Guinevere and Lancelot, the Holy Grail, the Knights of the Round Table. I love Arthurian legends, and there are a lot of books out there I still need to read!

King Arthur is described as a "tungsten, steel gray with subtle diamond shimmer" by the a england website. This is a pretty apt description-- my much shorter description would be a shimmery charcoal grey. King Arthur is insanely well pigmented and was practically a one coater. I did find the polish to be a little runny-- make sure to avoid having too much polish on your brush or nail, otherwise it could get gloppy. Because of the metallic quality of this polish, you do need to be a little careful of brushstrokes and streaks of pigment, especially if you apply thicker coats of polish.

Artificial light:




Artificial light with flash:


Natural light:



I wore King Arthur to my first holiday party with a cute plain skirt:

While King Arthur may not immediately stand out as a "holiday" color, but the shimmery grey color seems appropriate for winter in general, especially with all the grey skies around Seattle at this time of year. I love grey polishes, so the shimmer in King Arthur makes it a winner in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment