Thursday, February 27, 2014

Rescue Beauty Lounge Killa Red

I'm a terrible blogger. I started work part time at the end of January and since then I've just been plain too busy and way too tired to even think about blogging or painting my nails. Well, that's not quite true. I think about it quite a lot-- it's actually doing anything that is the real sticking point right now. One step at a time, I suppose. Sorry I have been absent for pretty much the entire month of February!

In any case, tonight I have Rescue Beauty Lounge Killa Red to share with you! Killa Red is described as a "cool, blue-toned red worn by those dangerous blondes in Hitchcock films (as they reach for their guns hidden in slim Kelly-green alligator clutches)." This is a gorgeous red that has a crelly formula-- though it might actually be more jelly than creme, in all honesty. The formula had a slight syrupy quality to it. This was a breeze to apply-- riffing on the femme fatale theme, it went on as smoothly as a silk stocking. Unfortunately I didn't write down how many coats I used-- definitely two to three. 

Artificial light:


Natural light:


Gorgeous, classic red! Hard to go wrong here. This is a red that feels slightly dangerous-- I'm picturing stiletto nails, slinky metallic gowns... and suddenly I have the hankering for a martini.

What's your favorite red polish?

2 comments:

  1. What a nice jelly red! Totally understand being busy in real life too. I have school and a part time job that sometimes its hard to find the time to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love Opi's I am not really a waitress as my all time favorite red! Glad to see you get a chance to post!

    ReplyDelete